Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey

Holidays always make me feel nostalgic.

I am in an old school rilo kiley mood right now.

Or maybe just being home makes me feel nostalgic?

As gradual as it came, I have definitely changed, good or bad, not sure yet. But the change started slow, creeped up on me and took me by surprise, and transformed me in a matter of minutes. maybe it was 3 minutes, I think that would be all that it takes. Almost like someone who has been dangling a key in front of my face for months finally gave in and *chick chock* opened my cage. As easy as that, completely painless and almost comical. It left me stunned and feeble, unsure of what to do with myself next. I imagined runnning through fields naked, but opted to sit quietly and reflect.

I am happier than ever. Lighter than ever. I think I lost my whole mysterious hermit vibe, which I dig and I just truly love doing my own thing.

I think it is a journey to truly find peace with yourself, accept yourself and actually love yourself.

my best friend said last night "I love myself, I fuck myself, I feed myself"

As ridiculous as this was chanting it in the middle of Toro, it really is kind of insightful.

I love myself= the ultimate achievement
I fuck myself= I appreciate and pleasure myself, I stroke my id, ego and super ego
I feed myself= I reward myself because I deserve myself and ensure my content and survival

either way I think #3 is everyones goal today.

Happy Thanksgiving, and make sure you feed yourself, everyone deserves it.

No comments: